The fluffy Edgar cut is taking men’s hairstyles to new heights lately. This on-trend look puts a unique spin on the popular Edgar haircut by emphasizing tons of volume and texture on top. While a classic Edgar features shorter sides and back with longer hair on top, the fluffy Edgar kicks it up a notch with extra fluff and flow.
This modern cut is all about creating loads of lift and movement in the top hair using strategic layering techniques. The result is an ultra-textured finish with gravity-defying flow. A fluffy Edgar allows you to put a stylish twist on the classic Caesar cut and enjoy playful, eye-catching volume.
In this article, we’ll showcase 26 amazing variations of the fluffy edgar haircut ideas for men. You’ll see how guys with straight, curly, wavy and coily hair types can all rock this look. We’ll provide tips on asking your barber for this specific fluffy cut and how to properly style it yourself to maximize volume and texture.
If you want to make a statement and show off an edgy, fluffy mane, the possibilities are endless with this trending hairstyle. Let’s explore the adventurous world of fluffy Edgar cuts! We’ll delve into different ways to cut and style your hair for the perfect amount of fluff and flow that matches your personal flair.
What is a Fluffy Edgar Haircut?
A fluffy Edgar haircut is a version of the Edgar cut that places extra emphasis on creating a voluminous, fluffy texture on the top. This is achieved by cutting layers into the top hair to add movement and lift. The hair is then styled with products to enhance the fluffy texture. A fluffy Edgar cut has lots of volume on top with shorter sides, creating a fun, youthful look.
Fluffy Edgar Cuts for Men
There are many different ways to style a fluffy Edgar cut depending on your hair type, length and personal style. Here are cool variations of the fluffy Edgar haircut for men:
Fluffy Edgar Haircut
The classic fluffy Edgar haircut features medium to long hair on top styled with volume and lift. The sides and back are tapered short. This is the quintessential fluffy Edgar look that works well for guys with straight, wavy or curly hair. Use a blow dryer and volumizing products to boost lift and achieve maximum fluff.
Edgar Cut Fluffy
Ask your barber for an Edgar cut with extra layers cut into the top hair. This will remove weight and create movement for a fluffier finish. Finger style or use a wide-tooth comb to bring out texture. Finish with a matte styling product to avoid flattening the fluff.
Curly Fluffy Edgar Cut
Guys with curly or coily hair can rock a fluffy Edgar too. Keep the top longer to show off your curls. Layers should be cut to remove any extra bulk, while a tapered fade on the sides streamlines the shape. Define curls and encourage lift by scrunching with a curl cream or mousse.
Fluffy Edgar Low Taper Cut
A low taper fade is a great way to make a fluffy Edgar cut look sharp and structured. Ask your barber to taper the sides and back very short near the hairline, gradually blending up to longer hair on top. This offers a smooth fade while emphasizing fluff and height up top.
Big Fluffy Edgar Cut
For a bold, eye-catching take on the look, go bigger and fluffier. Leave the hair on top longer, at least 3-4 inches, for dramatic volume and height. Layers should be sliced deeply to remove weight. Achieve sky-high fluff with a round brush and blow dryer.
Fluffy Waves Edgar Haircut
Guys with wavy hair can get in on the fluffy Edgar trend too. Aim for longer waves on top with tapered sides. Ask your stylist to point cut into the waves to encourage movement and separation. Scrunch in a sea salt spray and let waves air dry for touchable texture.
Messy Fluffy Edgar Haircut
Embrace the fluffy Edgar’s inherent messiness with an intentionally undone style. Instead of blow drying for perfect smoothness, rough dry the hair using your fingers to create tousled texture. Finish with a pliable pomade combed through with your hands for separation and a matte finish.
Fluffy Takuache Haircut
Put a fun spin on the look by combining a fluffy Edgar with a takuache undercut. This features a sharply defined undercut on the sides and back, with long, fluffy hair on top. Finger style the top hair for maximum height and movement. Keep the undercut faded super short for contrast.
Cute Fluffy Edgar
A fluffy Edgar cut has a playful, youthful vibe. For an extra cute rendition, keep the hair on top a bit shorter and rounded. Slightly tousled styling adds charming imperfection. This allows you to show off the fluffiness of the cut in a low-maintenance, adorable way.
Low Taper Fluffy Edgar Cut
For a more refined take, go for a fluffy Edgar with a low taper fade. The sides and back are tapered very short near the hairline, then gradually blended up into the longer top hair. This creates clean lines while still emphasizing the volume and texture of the fluff on top.
Edgar Fluffy Haircut
This classic fluffy Edgar haircut features longer hair on top styled voluminously. The back and sides are tapered shorter using clippers. The key is cutting layers into the top section to encourage lift. Finish the look by blow drying the hair using a round brush to created fluffed up volume.
Wavy Fluffy Edgar Cut
Guys with naturally wavy hair can totally rock a textured fluffy Edgar cut. Ask your barber to point cut into the waves on top to encourage movement and bounce. A low taper on the sides keeps the shape clean. Allow waves to air dry or scrunch with product for touchable, fluffy texture.
Fluffy Edgar Cut Taper Fade Haircut
One way to add structure to a fluffy Edgar is to get it with a taper fade haircut. Ask your barber to taper the back and sides down close to the skin near the hairline, then quickly blend up to longer fluffy hair on top. This creates a polished, sculpted shape while still allowing the volume and flow of the fluffy top hair to be the focus. Read more about how to Cut an Edgar Haircut with a Low Taper.
How to Ask for a Fluffy Edgar Cut
When visiting your barber or stylist, use these tips to make sure you get the fluffy Edgar haircut you want:
- Show photos of fluffy Edgar styles you like to illustrate the finished look you’re aiming for. This gives them an exact idea of the length, volume and styling you want.
- Specifically ask for an “Edgar haircut with extra fluff and texture on top.” Use the term “fluffy Edgar cut” so they know you want volume.
- Request longer hair on top, at least 2-3 inches to work with. Layers and texture are key to removing bulk and creating fluff.
- Tell them you want a tapered fade or undercut on the back/sides to accentuate the fulness of the top hair.
- Ask them to texturize the top layers by point cutting into the ends for movement.
- Discuss which products and styling techniques will help boost top volume. A blow dryer and round brush are musts.
How to Get a Fluffy Edgar Cut
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to cut and style your hair to achieve a fluffy Edgar look:
- With clippers, cut the back/sides short to create a faded undercut or tapered base. Trim closest near the hairline and blend up.
- For the top hair, use scissors to cut longer layers, at least 2 inches. Point cut into the ends to remove bulk.
- Blow dry hair using a round brush to lift roots and create volume. Lift and twist hair as you dry for maximum height.
- While hair is still warm from blow drying, apply a small amount of lightweight pomade, wax or paste.
- Use your fingers to style hair up and back while encouraging height and texture. Get messy and imperfect!
- Lock in the fluffy styling with a blast of medium hold hairspray to extend longevity.
- Re-style by blow drying and applying product as needed. Regular trims maintain the shape.
With the right cutting and styling techniques, you can achieve a trendy, fluffy Edgar haircut that makes a stylish statement. Show off your new textured ‘do with confidence!
The Fluffy Waves Edgar Haircut
The fluffy waves Edgar haircut is the perfect way to get touchable texture and loads of volume for men with naturally wavy or curly locks. This on-trend cut accentuates your natural texture while providing ample lift and movement that flatters all face shapes. Keep reading to learn how to style this look and why it’s so popular.
What is the Fluffy Waves Edgar Haircut?
The Edgar features longer, wavily layers on top with tight, tapered sides. This creates contrast that spotlights your fluffy waves where volume and texture take center stage.
How to Style Fluffy Waves
Achieving a flawless Edgar requires allowing texture to develop naturally:
- Shampoo and condition hair, then air dry or diffuse halfway with a blowdryer.
- Work a nickel-sized amount of mousse or curl cream through damp hair. Scrunch strands as you apply product.
- Let hair finish air drying the rest of the way. This allows ultimate definition as curls set.
- Break up uniform pieces by finger combing lightly for extra volume and movement.
- Finally, sweep layers across your forehead as a textured fringe.
The Edgar requires little daily upkeep beyond moisturizing those lovely locks a few times a week. Allow waves to form naturally after washing instead of blowdrying straight each day.
The fluffy waves Edgar haircut is perfect for gents wanting to unleash some serious volume and texture. It celebrates natural curls instead of hiding them. For wavy and curly-haired men, this cut provides flattering shape along with touchable, textured waves.